Views

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

AT&T to buy T-Mobile

AT&T, the technology mogul has announced that they will be buying T-Mobile. The deal would top out at $39 million but wouldn't take affect until a year from now.

This would mean that T-Mobile would have a much wider selection of phones, contract plans, and service. However, T-Mobile users will no longer get unlimited data packages, one of the big draws for T-Mobile.

While the deal would mean more service for users that are grandfathered in, it would most likely mean higher prices for everyone. As Cingular has already been bought out, there are fewer and fewer cell phone options. This means not only will AT&T charge more for their services, Verizon and Sprint will also have to charge more in order to compete. I personally am against the idea. AT&T is turning into a Monopoly and soon its only going to be AT&T and Verizon. If this happens, cell phone bills will be through the roof.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/What-ATTTMobile-deal-could-apf-678471533.html?x=0

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if this is a good idea for the merger. I don't need for my cell phone bill higher than it already is. This is very interesting though, I think AT&T will try and buy everyone out eventually. AT&T will run the cell phone world. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AT&T's service is not too good and I think more and more people are actually switching to other cell phone companies. I think they have to do things to make up for bad service and I also think that one of the main reasons people stayed with AT&T was because they were the only people to offer the iPhone...but not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use verizon and it is expensive enough without having to deal with one more major competitor. I wish that everyone could just "chill" with having to be the top cell-phone carrier. More options mean cheaper bills for buyers. Now I'm getting nervous to what will happen to all cell phone purchasers!

    ReplyDelete